Has your company gotten “Social” yet?
According to industry research, two-thirds of all Internet users in the U.S. are participating in some form of social networking, regularly visiting sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and the like. Further, it’s estimated that people are spending as much as 30% of their time online engaged in some form of social media activity. With so many of your potential customers visiting social networking sites, and so much of their online time being spent there, social media has fast become an important channel in which companies can engage with their target audience. The social media channel can provide insights into what your customers are thinking and what influences their opinions and purchases in a way no other marketing channel can match.. Popular networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn continue to drive social media trends and influence how businesses interact with and learn from both current and prospective customers. And, that’s why it’s important to establish a presence on social media sites.
The hard part for most businesses is figuring out how to profitably leverage this important media channel. If you’re like many marketers, you’re asking yourself the following questions:
- On which sites should we be participating?
- How should we be engaging our customers?
- Who in the organization should be responsible for doing it?
- How do we leverage this channel to profitably generate new customers?
- How do we measure the effectiveness of our performance?
This is where Marketing Performance Group can help. MPG helps guide our clients through the identification of the “why”, “where”, “when” and “how” of effective social media marketing. The Internet marketing team at MPG works with clients to establish the appropriate goals and objectives for their social media program, and then works with them to develop unique and effective executions that allow them to take advantage of the social media channel in a way that won’t break their social media marketing budget.
The Powerful benefits of effective social media marketing
There are several very compelling reasons for business to make social media marketing an important element of their marketing mix. Engaging with your customers in the social networking space can allow a business to:
- Build credibility for their company and brand by becoming an expert in your industry
- Reach customers who don’t respond to traditional media
- Seek and respond to customer feedback
- Influence buyer behavior and purchase decisions
- Proactively manage their company’s online reputation
- Enhance their SEO efforts by generating fresh content, which is linked back to their site
For the most part, social media marketing is free. Creating a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a LinkedIn profile, or a customized YouTube channel or blog doesn’t cost a cent. But, it can be labor-intensive … and the time and resources required to write, optimize and post content can make the task a bit overwhelming.
If you don’t have the resources in-house to manage the desired activities effectively, call Marketing Performance Group. Our Internet marketing team can assist you in creating the necessary content and managing your participation in these sites. In addition, social media trends are rapidly evolving, which can make it difficult for businesses to stay on top of it all. Our team stays up on all the newest trends and techniques to harness the power of social media marketing and can help you apply the latest strategies and technologies to maximize your benefits and results from your social media marketing efforts.
Our Social Media Marketing services include:
- Auditing/evaluation of existing social media program (company and competitors)
- Development of Social Media Strategy and definition of goals
- Integration of social media profiles, activities with website, analytics, and tracking
- Ongoing monitoring/reporting of company’s social media presence, activity
- Management and content development for company blog, with optimized content
- Posting/distribution of new content through social networking sites
- Creation of custom Facebook fan pages and applications
- Creation of customized YouTube channel for video content
- Design of custom Twitter background
- Ongoing management/supervision of social media posting activities
- On-going measurement, analysis and reporting of social media results
So what can you do to keep up with the hottest social media trends amid all your other internet marketing priorities? Call Marketing Performance Group. Let MPG help you “get social” in a profitable way..